Juvenile mayan cichlid progress ten gallon tank

Finthusiast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2019
Just want to share my experience. These guys have been doing great but I have paid lots of attention and set the tank up so the little guy can stay basically out of sight most the time to keep from always being chased around. Let me know what you think I am getting a bigger tank soon because they quickly will become too big for this space.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Like myself, Duane has already weighed in on this tank, and these two fish. Not much left to say other than the sooner this tank gets upgraded, the better.

Finthusiast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks I have been feeding them cichlid pellets once a day and once a week I have been going out and catching small enough mosquitofish as live food. They are from the same lake I caught these guys from so not too worried about them getting sick although I know the risk but they love them.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Agree w/ RD, I would upgrade ASAP. They get 12” and are very aggressive. At the same time they are very sensitive to water conditions and get HITH very easily.

Reactions: Finthusiast and RD.

Finthusiast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks for advice I just started researching hith and will be adjusting as needed what is the best way to do water testing like affordable and accuracy. Are the strips acceptable or could they be off and cause misinfo? I appreciate the help I am still new but I am absorbing info like a sponge lol

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Finthusiast Finthusiast it's a very fun hobby isnt it!
Just a word of advice... when you get a larger tank for them... which will be needed sooner than later... get one that can house them for life... otherwise you'll be buying a slightly bigger tank again and again and again in short time as cichlids grow very fast.. take care brother

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store