juvie albino tiger oscar without orange, would it show later?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
Hi guys, I've been thinking of keeping an albino tiger oscar (I want an albino tiger since I have kept reds and tigers before). I haven't seen any other albino tiger in my LFS aside from these juvies that has basically no orange in them, but you can see there's a somewhat "shiny" pattern from a tiger oscar in them and they have black in their fins. They look like something like this (pic taken from google):

juvie-os.png

They are basically like a a pure albino oscar and at around 1.5" in size. Would they still show orange later? I have seen juvie albino tigers in the past that has orange pigments already.
--
Just a note that I'm still confused on the lutino/albino fiasco and just call the pure albino = albino and then the one with orange = albino tiger :grinyes:

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
Mine had orange at 1.5 inch so I don’t really know. I say get one, raise it up and see what you get. It will be a nice fish regardless

Reactions: Death03

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
It will come in later. I had a "lutino" tiger that was basically white at 2-3". I really wanted a pure white lutino oscar. By the time it reached 6" or 6 months later, the orange pigmentation for the "lutino" tiger came in.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
It will come in later. I had a "lutino" tiger that was basically white at 2-3". I really wanted a pure white lutino oscar. By the time it reached 6" or 6 months later, the orange pigmentation for the "lutino" tiger came in.
I see. But is the orange pigmentation more subtle than those albino tiger that has orange in them when they're juvies? Or is it just quite the same?

Manish Kolge

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2016
By the current looks and size very difficult to say. There is very light orange pigmentation currently, however how dark would it get or it would remain the same is the difficult part to comment on.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
By the current looks and size very difficult to say. There is very light orange pigmentation currently, however how dark would it get or it would remain the same is the difficult part to comment on.
Well I think you wouldn't know if you won't try. Thanks!

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
There was very little orange dots when compared to other tigers but the orange was the same shade

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store