Kamfa or not?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I'd definitely say that it's a golden base due to the half red and half golden appearance. Not the best looking one I've ever seen but still a very nice looking one none the less. I however would fast him atleast once a week to help keep that nice slim figure, his gut is at a nice size atm so it's best to try to keep it that size and no bigger. Other then that they only other thing I would do is atleast add some riverstone or fine sand to the bottom of the tank, so he can dig, along with a pot or something to give him someplace to hide if he feels the need.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Floating food in tank is first red flag. Feed less. I don't believe fasting once a week has any benefits, I just feed everyday in smaller quantity.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Not sure what you mean by everything. I feed pellets mainly, adequate per his size (trying to avoid overfeeding)
If you feed everyday then what stops them form producing waste it’ll just be a bit less but in the end of the week it’ll be more waste than if you fed every couple days

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
If you feed everyday then what stops them form producing waste it’ll just be a bit less but in the end of the week it’ll be more waste than if you fed every couple days
Sure, feeding alternate days or every 3 days or twice a week works for large cichlids pretty well too. I am not sure which waste you are referring to. I specifically meant leftover food in tank, if I throw food in my tank, nothing is left. Waste production from fish (poop, ammonia secretion) would be pretty much same as long as same quantity is fed.

Feeding smaller frequent meals has it's merit too, it's not about waste, it's just how much food fish would consume in one meal. My fish is always hungry, looking for food and excited when it see me but it's also not starving (exaggerated word really).

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Sure, feeding alternate days or every 3 days or twice a week works for large cichlids pretty well too. I am not sure which waste you are referring to. I specifically meant leftover food in tank, if I throw food in my tank, nothing is left. Waste production from fish (poop, ammonia secretion) would be pretty much same as long as same quantity is fed.

Feeding smaller frequent meals has it's merit too, it's not about waste, it's just how much food fish would consume in one meal. My fish is always hungry, looking for food and excited when it see me but it's also not starving (exaggerated word really).
What fish do you have in what size tank? I’m not completely sure I understand your thought process behind you’re feeding. I’m not saying it’s bad or judging I’m saying I’ve never heard of it but if it works it works all fish are different

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store