Brondo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Bend OR
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Does anyone know if Kanaplex and Ich-x can be used at the same time in the water?
I know they can be used : ich-x in the water, Kplex in the food but he won’t eat.

16+” Fahaka Puffer with Slime coat disease. From my research is caused by either parasites or possible gram negative bacteria. Could be ich or flukes.

Started with clamped gill and fin. Not eating, hard breathing. Stressed. Covered in sand. Difficult to tell if ich or flukes.

Saw a few grains on some tetras in the tank so went with ich. Been 5 days of meds, no better. Worse.
Sloughing off slime coat in strings. Covered in a grey filmy fuzz now all the time. I wipe it off daily so he wont scratch on surfaces. He loves it.

Would like to add Kplex if possible since Ich-x doesnt seem to be the right direction.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Remove the ich-x with water changes and carbon since you don't think it is working. Then treat with Kanaplex.

If you really want to treat ich and use Kanaplex, then use Seachem Paraguard. These 2 can be mixed.

Brondo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Bend OR
I’ve used Ich-X and Kanaplex together without issues
You have, I know they can be used when dosing the food with kplex so it shouldn’t be that far of a leap. I am going to stop the ich-x because I am pretty damn positive it is not doing anything after 5 doses. He is worse. I have noticed a discolored patch around his mouth where he recently has has had infection/issues. I know it is Slime coat disease. But it must be coming from infection.
Ill do a good waterchange and dose.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Yes, I’ve used Kanaplex and Ich-X together, as well has, Kanaplex and Ridich Plus together without issues

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store