Keeping a Jardini and a silver together?

Ph0etus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Michigan
I've already got a Jardini, and I'm thinking about getting a small silver also. I'm in the process of setting up another 40 breeder. Should I just wait until the new tank is finished and put it in there, or will it be okay with my jardini? I keep getting different opinions on this, so I thought it would be better to get answers from people who've actually kept arowanas before.

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Ph0etus said:
I've already got a Jardini, and I'm thinking about getting a small silver also. I'm in the process of setting up another 40 breeder. Should I just wait until the new tank is finished and put it in there, or will it be okay with my jardini? I keep getting different opinions on this, so I thought it would be better to get answers from people who've actually kept arowanas before.
My advise is to get a silver much bigger than your current jardini. If you're to mix a smaller silver to the jardini now, chances of it getting killed by the jardini is extremely high.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
Koji said:
My advise is to get a silver much bigger than your current jardini. If you're to mix a smaller silver to the jardini now, chances of it getting killed by the jardini is extremely high.
bingo

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I have seen this done before.

But like the other guys suggested the silver was MUCH bigger. Double the size of the jardini.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store