Keeping worms alive???

OSCARLOVER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Omaha, Ne.
I have a big coffey can that I keep my night crawlers in. once a week I will put my used coffey grinds in the soil with them or a slice of bread. They eat it up, and it does help to keep them in the fridgeas well.

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
I have raised them for quite a while in large rubbermaid storage containers. Punch some holes in the bottom for drainage, holes in the lid for air, throw in 3 or 4 inches of compost, and you have yourself a worm farm. Chicken mash makes a good worm feed. It don't smell, or attract fruitflies, which can wreck your worms. Fattens them up nicely as well. If you keep your beds shallow, you can harvest them easily. Or you can just buy a container of them at a store that sells bait, and keep them in the fridge. They shut down in a cold enviroment, you can keep them for months this way.

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
Just feed your ray! and you wont have to worry about having dead worms :ROFL: :D im messing with ya bro, but really night crawlers do not last in my house. plus they come in a soil anyways, 1 doz last me about 5 days if that depending on what else i am feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store