Kelberi? How many to keep? Not eating

G8zzaj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2022
Hey everyone,

LFS dropped me off my flagtail and a kelberi spider bass 2 days ago (this is what they said) could I get a positive ID please?

Flagtail has been nothing less than sensational with the algae breakout and has cleaned literally every surface! (Highly recommend if anyone is struggling)

Bass hasn’t eaten yet (48 hours in) feed floating and sinking predatorpellets, freeze dried krill and some shrimp but hasn’t even looked up. LFS said live fish but I don’t want to do this? Any suggestions please?

also should they be kept singularly in a community tank with a flag tail, couple
Of Oscar’s and an arowana? Or should I add a 2nd?

thanks everyone ?

5A854D2C-0862-4D87-BBFC-6B7B7B3DAE42.jpeg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
At its size, 2 days is nothing to worry about... don't start worrying until 1 month of not eating. Keep the lights off above the tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

G8zzaj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2022
I’ve got 2 more bass coming today so they will be in a gang of 3 so hopefully helps him settle.

what should I be feeding? I’ve just been trying to feed the floating predator and sinking Masonite pellets that I feed the Oscar’s. But not interest.

Fed the Arowana shrimp earlier and the bass didn’t seem interested.

wanted to stay away from live food, but is that my only option?

I can get zophobas (super worms) would these be good for the bass and the Oscar?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’ve got 2 more bass coming today so they will be in a gang of 3 so hopefully helps him settle.

what should I be feeding? I’ve just been trying to feed the floating predator and sinking Masonite pellets that I feed the Oscar’s. But not interest.

Fed the Arowana shrimp earlier and the bass didn’t seem interested.

wanted to stay away from live food, but is that my only option?

I can get zophobas (super worms) would these be good for the bass and the Oscar?
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ith-training-peacock-bass.719102/post-8118494

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Lots of threads On how to feed pbass. My Kels at 4” didn’t eat for almost 2 weeks. Finally got them to eat blood worms and then krill. After that on to sticks.
Most say Kels are the most picky eaters.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Three bass in a tank is a no go for sure, not unless you want to lose two of them. Four bass or more is best. 86 the Oscar for now. Flag tail is good. The arow is also iffy do to the fact that they are top feeders as well. In this case, I would have a grow out tank for my bass.

As for feeding, I personally would quarantine ghost shrimp and rosy reds for a few weeks and just power feed them with massivors crushed up, then after a few weeks, feed the rosy reds and shrimp to the bass. This helped me with all the wild bass I've kept.

But, don't trust me, I'm new to this group.

Reactions: Tony A.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
My kelberi bass didn’t eat anything for 2 months before it finally gave in to mp. Patience game

Reactions: Tony A.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store