Kels

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I doubt if the temperature being higher by a few degrees is going to have an effect on the young cichla's skittishness.A lot of young cichla are skittish, most kelberi that I have had were and it is pretty much a matter of them growing out of it...adding dithers might help.

Dial92

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2012
Effingham, IL
did you do the bigger aggressive eating dithers like red hooks or did you go with something like tinfoil barbs or flag tailed barbs. like say i have had other species and have never ran into this problem. this morning one of the bass looks like it ate but the other two look like they have not eaten since i got them and there are feeders with them the whole time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
did you do the bigger aggressive eating dithers like red hooks or did you go with something like tinfoil barbs or flag tailed barbs. like say i have had other species and have never ran into this problem. this morning one of the bass looks like it ate but the other two look like they have not eaten since i got them and there are feeders with them the whole time.
Some do use them but I have never used dithers for my young cichla so that is for you to think on and decide.I also would not bother with getting any more cichla in an attempt to make them feel comfortable,then you would be stuck with fish that you really do not want and will have to rehome.
You said that you have feeders in the tank for them to eat so just let them settle in.They will all go after and eat the feeders when they are ready to.

Reactions: Dis and Dial92
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store