MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
They've been moved! Most if not all of the babies made it into the breeder box safely :)
View attachment 1514059
Unfortunately, the young have either died (a few of them visibly) or disappeared. They passed over the course of a few days. A few of them visibly perished (likelydue to complications of being moved) but the others seemed to just vanish. I couldn't find their bodies. Weird.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Unfortunately, the young have either died (a few of them visibly) or disappeared. They passed over the course of a few days. A few of them visibly perished (likelydue to complications of being moved) but the others seemed to just vanish. I couldn't find their bodies. Weird.
Small fish disintegrate very fast, a guppy can vanish in about a day. Faster with other fish. I had a guppy die in a bag on a long drive home, by the time I got back it was skeletonized.

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Small fish disintegrate very fast, a guppy can vanish in about a day. Faster with other fish. I had a guppy die in a bag on a long drive home, by the time I got back it was skeletonized.
But that's the thing, the bodies that were there stayed visible for a little bit. You could be right, I just find it strange.

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
A bit ago, they seemed as if they were going to lay again. So in a rather ingenious move if I do say so myself, I put a small terracotta plant saucer in the spot they usually lay in, in hopes that they would lay their eggs on it on the 11th, they did! I moved the saucer from the bottom of the 90 into the breeder box, which I held inside the tank while moving the saucer. All the eggs survived the move, and they hatched on the 13th! There are around 40-50 of them at the moment, and as of today they are all free-swimming! They had their first meal of baby brine shrimp, which they all gobbled up! I guess 3rd time really is the charm!
IMG_7055.JPEG

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
While this clutch is still growing, the pair laid another! The babies hatched and were moved into the box, and so many of them are making it! There's around 10 fry left of the previous clutch, but there's more than there's ever been at their age in the new one! Here's everyone during feeding time!IMG_7137.JPEG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store