kidnapping fish

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Hi all. When starting up a native tank what is the best way to transport the fish from your local body of water.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yes, get any necessary permits and/or land permissions first, then a bucket with an aerator is perfect. I believe 9v airpumps exist that are plugged into your car for long journeys, usually used for fishing bait buckets. Good luck!

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Yes, get any necessary permits and/or land permissions first, then a bucket with an aerator is perfect. I believe 9v airpumps exist that are plugged into your car for long journeys, usually used for fishing bait buckets. Good luck!
no permits in NY state! I read up on my states laws on the NANFA forum, DEC officer said for gamefish they just have to be keeper size, and for bait fish, like most shiners, suckers, you need to buy a 2 dollar permit!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
no permits in NY state! I read up on my states laws on the NANFA forum, DEC officer said for gamefish they just have to be keeper size, and for bait fish, like most shiners, suckers, you need to buy a 2 dollar permit!
Wonderful. Get the water running! The US natives are quite cool.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
There are USB charged air pumps available on Amazon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store