I have a 210g with 20 Clowns ranging from 2"-5"
The tank also contains ....
4 Vieja Argentea 5"
3 Vieja Synspilum 4'
13 Silver dollars
40 Sterbai corys
1 Electric Blue acara 4"
Various plecos

So I have been losing some smaller fish lately, and only at night. Started with a couple of corys, and then a couple of Gobies and then a couple of plecos.

I have not seen any aggression from the usual culprits (Cichlids). I was wondering since it only happens at night and the most nocturnal of the bunch is the Loaches, is it possible they are ganging up on some fish and killing them? Has anyone had any problems with Clowns being violent.

I am planning a change and want to put 10 Panda Uaru and 6 Geo together in a tank with the Clowns but not if there is even a possibility of problems.

Thanks

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Fish can have different personalities but in my experience my clown loaches have never shown any interest whatsoever in eating any fish. I've added fry sized fish several times without losing any and I do have some large clowns. I'd look into some of your other fish being the culprit.

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
I see my clowns out all the time at night but I've also never had them kill other fish.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
As soon as I dim the lights and shut them off 90% of my clowns are in there’s spots they sleep till morning. Loaches will pick at dead fish and sometimes big clowns will eat small fish but most don’t.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store