Killing Dead Spots

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
So once i have up my rock work which i am about to start how will i get rid of dead spots?

Sure i kno power heads and pumps but how much is too much if i plan to leave holding females in the tank? Would the fry be knocked from their hiding?

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

this question is just looking really far in the future!

merc123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
North GA
Fry are VERY easily moved. I used my finger one time and swatted at the bottom of the tank to get the crap on the bottom swirling and the jet wash about knocked the fry across my 5gal fry tank. It won't take much.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
i just let my fish push it out. it'll eventually find its way out. my fish keep their places clean

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
You must understand that mbuna will move the sand/gravel around. You will be absolutely amazed as to what pressure you will need to move the fry. They tend to stay pretty close to the rocks for the first 3-4 weeks and by then they are pretty strong swimmers. I have a 100l/hr internal pump running in a 240 litre tank and the fry that have grown in the tank are just fine.
:naughty: :ROFL: :headbang2 :nilly:

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
What's your main concern about dead spots? I'm sitting in a dead spot right now (no fans running in the room) and I'm okay...LOL

Different subject: Have you been to the new Big Al's in Plymouth Meeting yet? They have plenty of power heads and water pumps if you need one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store