Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Kl sump build, with pic, quistion on air, and media

Discussion in 'DIY Projects and Ideas' started by heffesuita, Mar 4, 2018.

1. slipshodman

slipshodman MFK Members

Chris
      Yesterday at 8:43 PM
      Do you find the sump incredibly noisy with that volume of air going into the water ?

And can you overdose air into the water column ? I suppose that depends on your actual tank size

2. heffesuita

heffesuita MFK Members

Yesterday at 7:10 PM
      first off this tank is not set up yet. I have only ran the filter a few days for testing so my experience will be less then those on this site that have these kind of set ups up and running for a long period of time. with that said the loudest part of the hole thing is the large air pump. the airators in the sump them selfs put of a grumbling type of sound, is kind of like a boiling water sound that is basciauly what it does with out heat as far as the moment is concerned. the air in the sump it self not including the sound of the air pump is probauly around the same as say an aqua clear 110 hang on the back filter when the water is not all the way to the top and you get the water fall sound but it is a different sound, if that makes sence. if you put a lid on the chamber were the k1 in the sump is it makes a big difference in sound. before I put the new rim on I cut acrylic for that chamber and covered 80 percent of it and made a huge difference in that.

as far as 2 much air, as far as my research has gone on that there is no such thing as to much air for fish. seems to be you can over airate for plants thow. I am no exspert in that either. this filter is going on a pretty large tank to me atleast. is going to be a 72" L x 36" W x 22" H tank this will be being used as and over the top filter with the bulk heads drilled into the front panel. one for the 3/4 inlet line and the 1 1/2 outlet