Knife compatibitliy

Lund

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2006
Michigan
Would a black ghost knife, clown knife, and say a fire or tire track eel get along in say a 200 gallon tank? And also if they were introduced at about the same size?

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
i would say ya.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I keep hearing about clown knives being aggressive, but i have yet to experience one. I'm not saying that there aren't aggressive knives out there, but in my experience...so I think your tank should work out fine.

Lund

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2006
Michigan
Hey great! This is a future prodject by all means. I still have to get and set up a tank for them. And that all depends on the all mighty dollor. Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure, because I read that clowns are agressive, and ghosts aren't so much. I just don't want to have my fish picked on to death.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
My clowns dont show much agression at all. If it will fit in their mouths its gone, but other than that they are fairly peaceful (dont be fooled by their small looking mouths...they really are quite large.)

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
it should work

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
one thing to remember is that some knives use electric signals to hunt for food. i know that the BGK does but I am not so sure about the clown.. If so they might interfere with each other.. I have never had that combo of fish so I don't know for sure but it is something to watch for

flagtailpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2006
toronto ontario canada
Lund said:
Would a black ghost knife, clown knife, and say a fire or tire track eel get along in say a 200 gallon tank? And also if they were introduced at about the same size?
basically ok by me-however re:eels a well sealed edge is a must as they don't know when their poking around near the surface that they will end up outside the tank and of course once they do they sure as heck(is it ok to use this word?)
don't know how to get back in, if found not too crispy take a shallow dish of tank
water, place eel in-important! you must move the eel to get oxygenated water
flowing over the gills ,just being in water at this stage is not enough, their dry their weak, you must move them to get water flowing over their gills.
P.S. i didn't invent this but have used on numerous occasions,not all successful,
but i'm sure the ones i saved were happy. Make sure their is enough food for
the eels and black ghost knife as they will compete for basically thefood.remember size
matters- in a 200 gal. your clownknife will have the possibility to grow large enoughto eat his tankmates.

MrHarris

Candiru
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
feeder tank
The clown knife doesn't start getting aggressive until after 10". Mine, now at 21" only gets along with three 12-14" florida gars and a 5" senegal bichir (he's his homie iono what the deal is) :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store