knife not eating

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
OK I got this Royal knife the end of last week and he is in a 300g with an aro TSN & oscar I feed shrimp Tilapia pellets and krill the Knife has not eaten yet and I am starting to get worried. He looks as healthy as can be. I tried feening him in the dark and the light. I tryed sneaking up on the tank and offering food too. Any suggestions?

3_racer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Spokane WA
you should try live feeders they typically wont take pellets until they are well established. i got mine to eat cichlid pellets and shrimp from the store (frozen) as treats. but mine still prefered live feeders.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
jsodwi said:
OK I got this Royal knife the end of last week and he is in a 300g with an aro TSN & oscar I feed shrimp Tilapia pellets and krill the Knife has not eaten yet and I am starting to get worried. He looks as healthy as can be. I tried feening him in the dark and the light. I tryed sneaking up on the tank and offering food too. Any suggestions?
ask the place/previous owner what has it been feeding on before u took it home.

If its skinny then try some live feeds like minnows, baby crayfish, earthworms...

if its fat then just let it fast till it takes the prepared food....

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
try ghost shrimp as well

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
IoStrisciare said:
ask the place/previous owner what has it been feeding on before u took it home.

If its skinny then try some live feeds like minnows, baby crayfish, earthworms...

if its fat then just let it fast till it takes the prepared food....
:iagree:

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
try earthworms first then switch it to frozen krill.. also starve the little s.o.b. if he looks healthy he'll be fine.. you will notice when his sides are sunken in and then its time to try feeders. until then stay away from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store