Know your Knots.

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
Always used either a modified clinch or a version of the uni-knot that I have come up with that I find to be VERY strong. Check it out below (and sorry for the horrible graphic, but idk how else to show it). I also use a tripple fishermans knot for joining line to line.

Give it a try, you might like it. I find it more reliable than the clinch or modified clinch:

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
More or less, I only fish FW anymore. Braided line - palomar all day long. Mono - improved clinch. Landed FIVE 12-17 ounce bluegills last night. Yum Yum Yum.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Any android owners should download fishing knots by perished apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Uni, clinch, blood and fg knot. Is what use. Mainly uni and clinch knots.

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
I fish for large and smallmouth bass and I only fish with artificial lures. My knots that I use are the improved clinch knot, palomar and the FG knot. kno4te kno4te brought up the FG knot and it's thee best for tying on a flourocarbon leader to braid. The FG knot is such a slender knot it's like it's not there. It's cool to see another member that knows about the FG knot. I also have a really cool App on my phone that shows how to tie dozens of knots.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I fish for large and smallmouth bass and I only fish with artificial lures. My knots that I use are the improved clinch knot, palomar and the FG knot. kno4te kno4te brought up the FG knot and it's thee best for tying on a flourocarbon leader to braid. The FG knot is such a slender knot it's like it's not there. It's cool to see another member that knows about the FG knot. I also have a really cool App on my phone that shows how to tie dozens of knots.
I salt water fish. So I use the fg knot when I’m targeting the tarpon or grouper. I find it a better knot compared to UNI.

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store