Koi Angels

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
I have 12 half dollar to silver dollar body size Koi Angels in my 90 gallon tank(pic is in my avatar). Have had them for 6 months now. No sign of any breeding going on. No pairing either. I have a Fluval FX5 and 2 Aqua Clear 110s filtering it. Temperature is at 82 and I do 2 50% water changes each week. PH around 7.4. I feed them Kens Angelfish flakes,freeze dried brine shrimp and occasionally some frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms.Any suggestions on triggering these guys to spawn(other than listening to some Barry White music)?

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
Seems like you're doing everything right. Maybe just a little more time is all you need. A pair should form soon.

Reactions: tlindsey

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
To young when I was breeding the angels I didn’t see any action till around 10 months to a year. I would put long slate slabs in there and they’ll lay on that the truck isn’t getting the eggs it’s figuring out who they came from lol

Reactions: tlindsey

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
Got eggs. Removed other Angels from tank. All eggs eaten. Now I have a 90 gallon tank with just one pair of Angels in it. How long till they lay again? And will I have any issues with Bio Bacteria?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Fish sometimes eat eggs when stressed,don't worry to much once they get comfortable they'll stop eating eggs, the hardest part is actually raising the fry.

mr limpet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
New York
I have frozen baby brine shrimp ready to feed fry once the become free swimming. Looks like there’s only about 30 fry. They should be free swimming today. It’s been 5 days since they hatched. Btw they are still with the parents too.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store