kribnesis moliwe pair something is going on

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
Did a post last week about my krib pair being fussy eaters I noticed the last couple of days the male not being around actualy didnt see the male for 2 days was thinkng it had died .Well today at about 630 pm I placed some live black worms in the tank and the male came out from no where and they were like pigs .At about 1020 I had a look in the tank the female has rounded up and has a slight purple belly and was doing some shaking movements in front the male and was shifting the sand with her belly the male who has been quite pale apart from some yellow and blue clouring around the gills and face suddenly had a bright red face and coloured up did'nt spend too much time watching as they are quite timid but all of this happened in the space of 4 hours it was very intresting to watch them though. This pair are still very young the female is bearly 2 inches the male may be 2.5 inches it is exactly 4 week since I got them.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Did a post last week about my krib pair being fussy eaters I noticed the last couple of days the male not being around actualy didnt see the male for 2 days was thinkng it had died .Well today at about 630 pm I placed some live black worms in the tank and the male came out from no where and they were like pigs .At about 1020 I had a look in the tank the female has rounded up and has a slight purple belly and was doing some shaking movements in front the male and was shifting the sand with her belly the male who has been quite pale apart from some yellow and blue clouring around the gills and face suddenly had a bright red face and coloured up did'nt spend too much time watching as they are quite timid but all of this happened in the space of 4 hours it was very intresting to watch them though. This pair are still very young the female is bearly 2 inches the male may be 2.5 inches it is exactly 4 week since I got them.

Yes female is ready to spawn.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
there is some hair algae an some algae on the leaves of the anabus plant in there hope I have better luck with this pair. Had no problems with the pulcha variant in the past but did have problems another taeniatus where I lost a male then a second male then the female in the space of a month all water prams were fine I put it dow to the water being too hard fingers crossed this time Have put some peat in my filter to put tanins in the water this had an immediate effect in their colours after about a week.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
weii it is 2 weeks since the pair coloured up the female did go missing for 3 days and the male would appear at feeding time so I thought maybe there were eggs but yesterday both turned up at feeding time then both vanished again they still have their colours though may be a failed attempt

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Don't get dispondent. My kribs took about 6 months and numerous attempts before they felt happy enough to raise their fry. It happened as soon as there was enough algae for them to graze. I think I was to actively busy in the tank, unintentionally, for them to be comfortable. Leaving them alone and lots of grazing areas seemed to do the trick and now it's non-stop.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
yes the pair I were very young when I got them I try to keep away from the tank as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store