kuhli lifespan

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I have heard records of them living past 15. Is this possible for the little things, and if so, how do people keep them alive that long? I have never kept kuhlis, though I do plan on keeping them somewhere down the line, and I'd like to have them for as long as possible (more for the sake of not needing to replace a naturally short lived fish often, especially because the pangio kuhli I like are hard to breed in captivity reliably)

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Not sure how long they live as mine always disappear so I buy more to only find out the originals were still alive.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I probably shouldn't ask the larger LFS in my area, they had one of those molded glass tanks with the solid block of substrate at the bottom by the cash register, and in that tiny 'tank', was 3 dead kuhlis and a dying, probably confused betta staring at the pile of them.

Chief Tom

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2020
I probably shouldn't ask the larger LFS in my area, they had one of those molded glass tanks with the solid block of substrate at the bottom by the cash register, and in that tiny 'tank', was 3 dead kuhlis and a dying, probably confused betta staring at the pile of them.
I'd just leave the place.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Way ahead of you, I haven't been in almost a year since they sold me medakas with camallanus worms, almost crashed my fishroom.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store