Large Tank

Murica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I'm new to the forum and mainly joined to gain better knowledge on how to construct a large tank. I've been looking at the tank by Johnptc in the "2,400 gallon Arapaima Gigas Tank by JohnPTC" thread, and didn't know if anyone had further experience, step by step instructions, videos, etc., but this tyoe of tank is what I'm shooting for.

I'm shooting to start construction in a few years, and I would like to research as much as I can before building it. Cinder block seems much easier and safer than plywood for larger aquariums, but are there other methods out there? Obviously the main issues to be concerned with, as I would imagine, is weight and the fact that cement is more 'permanent'.

Reactions: Bertie07

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Welcome to the site Jeff. Although he's not everyone's cup of tea you could have a look at uarujoeys channel. He has a step by step very detailled guide on how he built his indoor 2000g concrete tank for his fish room. If you decide to go down the plywood tank route there are also loads of tutorials on line.

When you start your build be sure to do a build thread with pics. We like nothing better on this forum than getting our popcorn out and watching a new build come to fruition.
:popcorn:

Murica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2019
Welcome to the site Jeff. Although he's not everyone's cup of tea you could have a look at uarujoeys channel. He has a step by step very detailled guide on how he built his indoor 2000g concrete tank for his fish room. If you decide to go down the plywood tank route there are also loads of tutorials on line.

When you start your build be sure to do a build thread with pics. We like nothing better on this forum than getting our popcorn out and watching a new build come to fruition.
:popcorn:
Thank you for your response and will do!

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Sorry im not a big fan of keeping fish that get way to big for a house tank. Why do you wane keep araipama's? There are way better options that aren't sad to house. Why not take a fish like the African arowana? It looks exactly like an arapaima but its like way way smaller and house able in 2000 gallons.

Murica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2019
Sorry im not a big fan of keeping fish that get way to big for a house tank. Why do you wane keep araipama's? There are way better options that aren't sad to house. Why not take a fish like the African arowana? It looks exactly like an arapaima but its like way way smaller and house able in 2000 gallons.
I'm a saltwater guy, I just like the tank he built in that thread.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
There is an old 2000G shark tank build someone did I remember reading about. It was in their basement, with 2 or 3 300G Rubbermaid troughs for filtration. Was an awesome setup. If you need out on filtration, JK47 JK47 is hard to beat on sexiness in his builds.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Lol. I think your at the wrong site then :ROFL::arapaimag

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store