Leaf fish questions.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh my bad kno, it’s second nature to say leaf fish for me when talking about ctenopoma since that’s what everybody called it back when I got him.

I think I’ll try those floating arowana sticks for any new ones I get since mine only eats food off the bottom and it would be nice to get him to eat food off of the top.

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
Ahh my bad kno, it’s second nature to say leaf fish for me when talking about ctenopoma since that’s what everybody called it back when I got him.

I think I’ll try those floating arowana sticks for any new ones I get since mine only eats food off the bottom and it would be nice to get him to eat food off of the top.
Okay, cool. If your new leopard ctenopomas are too small to eat the small arrowana floating sticks, just break the sticks in halves or thirds, and they'll be able to swallow them without any problem. Those sticks break easily like this, so you'll be able to do it fast.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Do ya reckon I’ll have any problems getting him to take floating? I’ve only had 1 ctenopoma and he acts like a big cory and is too good for floating pellets, his highness only takes pellets off the bottom of the tank.
I’m hoping that if I can get these little guys or any new ctenopoma on floating so they can teach my guy to take floating.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Do ya reckon I’ll have any problems getting him to take floating? I’ve only had 1 ctenopoma and he acts like a big cory and is too good for floating pellets, his highness only takes pellets off the bottom of the tank.
I’m hoping that if I can get these little guys or any new ctenopoma on floating so they can teach my guy to take floating.
My 4 take floating pellets w/o any probs. May need to give a fasting period and offer the food.

Reactions: twentyleagues

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If I were to do that I’d need to move him to his own tank so I could focus on target feeding him.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
No, he should take just about anything anywhere. Floating cichlid pellets, sticks, whatever. Dont feed a sinking pellet just feed floating ones he will probably eat right away.

Reactions: kno4te

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I can’t, I have many bottom dwellers lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store