Leaving for a couple days....what to do about feeding

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
I’m leaving Tuesday night for Thanksgiving and won’t be home till Friday late morning. What do you guys do about feeding while you’re away?

Thanks!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My fish have gone a week or more without food while away, they are resilient. I am just not sure how that would apply with piranhas, hopefully some experts chime in soon! They definitely will not starve.

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
My fish have gone a week or more without food while away, they are resilient. I am just not sure how that would apply with piranhas, hopefully some experts chime in soon! They definitely will not starve.
Yeah the thing I’m worried about is them eating each other

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Do you have anyone who can feed them? Automatic feeder? Maybe throw a few feeders or plants in for when they get hungry (which is all the time I guess).

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
Do you have anyone who can feed them? Automatic feeder? Maybe throw a few feeders or plants in for when they get hungry (which is all the time I guess).
To be honest I hadn’t even thought about feeders. They’re only a few months old and get shrimp twice a day and frozen bloodworms around 2:00 or so. Unfortunately I don’t have anybody to feed them. I guess plants would be a solid option as well....could I give them spinach or kale?

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’m pretty sure. I’ve heard it’s fine for other fish. I know whenever mine was hungry it would take a bite out of the plastic plants, live is probably more nutritional. Tossing some feeder guppies in also may curb their appetite.

Reactions: Maximus146

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
i londa wifi fish feeders on amazon $30....

oh just read they are piranah -

used to leave the tank full of feeders -

prolly don’t have time to QT them...

edit -

read all this - egg crate dividers - or white cloud feeders if you can find em -

pygo piranha keeping is not conducive to leaving them .... really at all... unless they are huge and get them on a every other day feeding schedule- otherwise cannibalism ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store