LED Lighting on 6ft plus tanks

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That's a great looking pair you have there. My lights are the old school type with the single long bulb. I have both full spectrum and the plant bulbs on hand. Do you feel the full spectrum is the way to go? I really don't need plants as I have Africans.
I've been trying to decide what to use for a while. In transition mode as far as scaping goes. Gonna do something soon. Just a few more things to acquire.
Thanks. I do personally like the full spectrum the best. I feel it shows off the fishes colors better then just the regular white/blue lights.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I have the 72" aquaneat full spectrum led. It can lay flat on the glass lids or sit up on brackets. You get more subtle shadows on the brackets, more intense color directly on the glass. I have custom settings mimicking dawn/daylight/dusk/night. The defaults are too jarring and garish...even the moon blue looks like a 'party' light. I have a dim moon setting that's nearly black, all you can see are broken shadows and the silouettes of the fish.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I've switched to cheap viva grow and aquaneat 24/7s. I have an aquaneat 10k full spec marine I use on a ramp timer. It has fantastic viewing. I've been running these for yrs now...knock on wood.

I use these for dart frogs vivariums as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store