Lens suggestion, for a noob of course!

titansfever83

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
TN
First things first.... I don't know ANYTHING about my DSLR, lol. I just got it and am beginning to read up on tips and techniques when I can find the time to. I have a D90 with an AF-S Nikkor 18-105 and a 70-300.

I just don't seem to be getting the nice closeup shots that I thought the 18-105 would produce. Now I know it may be myself or lack of equipment. I'm trying to get very detailed pics of Freshwater Shrimp but I just can't seem to get the zoom I want out of my lens.

What would you guys/gals suggest for tips, techniques, software, and/or hardware? Please be detailed, remember I'm a noob!

Thanks
Jamie

maddog10

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Maryland
Make sure you do not get to close when shooting. All lenses have a minimum focus length, which means you must be at least 'X' feet or inches away from the subject. Are you using a remote flash? That would be my first investment before buying new lenses. After the flash, I would look into a macro lens. A macro lens will help you get better close ups. Learn about your camera. Read the manual, there is good information in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store