Leopard Gourami Setup

Fishworks2015

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi All,

I am planning on a Leopard Gourami aquarium. The tank will be 180 gallons with a sump. It will house 5 Leopard Gouramis.
Just wondering if you guys think that is enough to accommodate them until adulthood?

Also, will lots of driftwood be enough for cover? or do I really need a lot of plants?

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Tank will be big enough to house 5. I have three in a 80ukg tank three quarters filled with a number of other different tank mates.
I have lots of wood, rock and pipes and they seem to love it so think you can get away without plants unless you are looking to breed them. Just consider tank mates. With a large tank some go big cichlids and they won’t like that. They will appreciate anything slow moving or sedentary.

Reactions: jjohnwm and Milingu

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Yes, that's a good size tank for 5. I have 3 in a 135 gallon with driftwood, plants and various tankmates. I have them with an EBJD, a severum, Dennison barbs, cories, and a couple Raphael cats and they do great. They do appreciate plants but will probably do fine with just lots of wood. They're great fish, one of my favorites.
20200603_202937.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store