Lepidolamprologus attentuatus/nkambae Tanganyikan Cichlids

Davizlancs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2022
Just for info, I decided to go with the Attentuatus as the L.Nkambae was too small only being 1”-2” in size, I also couldn’t resist picking up a solitary L.Lemairii seen just below the Attenuatus image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Joshuakahan

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Hi,
New to the forum, I have 2 Tang tanks with the largest being 8ft x 2ft x2ft, currently housing 2 x Trets, 4x Sexfas, 2 Comps and 3 Temp.sp shellies.
Yes! It’s an aggressive tank ant best of times!
id like to add in 1x pair each of both Lepidolamprologus attentuatus and Niambae/Kendali? Or a small group of Ctenochromis horei? Any advice on how my current inhabitants would fair with any of these new additions?
Feedback much appreciated
Thanks
Nathan
I have kept nearly all of the Tang you have at different time. In my recollection, L. Kendal is most conspecific aggressive, and its hard to keep two together for long. L sexfas is conspecific aggressive, but its cousin tretocephalus are exceptionally peaceful. Comps are tolerant but leulupi and it’s cousin cylindricus are extremely aggressive. Most Tang are more conspecific aggressive than across species, so it’s best to keep one or many to spread out aggression.

Currently I have a dozen L. tretocephalus in my 75g getting along peacefully and even breed in it without killing one another. I have a L. Elongates in my 125g, closed cousin of kendali, that lives to grand 8+ old age after killing off couple of his juvenile siblings early on.

678A220B-7B19-4DD6-9C59-87C2A781D152.jpeg

8411F78F-386E-429D-975C-2D99C08881A1.jpeg

trop

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
I have kept nearly all of the Tang you have at different time. In my recollection, L. Kendal is most conspecific aggressive, and its hard to keep two together for long. L sexfas is conspecific aggressive, but its cousin tretocephalus are exceptionally peaceful. Comps are tolerant but leulupi and it’s cousin cylindricus are extremely aggressive. Most Tang are more conspecific aggressive than across species, so it’s best to keep one or many to spread out aggression.

Currently I have a dozen L. tretocephalus in my 75g getting along peacefully and even breed in it without killing one another. I have a L. Elongates in my 125g, closed cousin of kendali, that lives to grand 8+ old age after killing off couple of his juvenile siblings early on.

View attachment 1484287

View attachment 1484288
You really have to update this tank more. Its one of the nicest planted cichlid tanks I've seen.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
You really have to update this tank more. Its one of the nicest planted cichlid tanks I've seen.
See my updates in https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/my-first-planted-cichlid-tank.685287/

and

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store