Let’s talk about Raww Fishing

Characin Man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Western North Dakota
How can a lie and a cheat be so successfu. I just watched a video where he “Caught invasive Eel.” in freshwater and the eel he ”caught” was a snowflake eel which is a saltwater or brackish species of moray eel. or ” 1 in 2,000,000 blue lobster caught in trap” normally I would just say he just doesn’t know but it is all fake and evidently he thinks his supporters are stupid. I just want to shed some light on how fake his videos are some are probably real but that’s just some. If anyone agrees than good there are more smart people in this world

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
We don't really badmouth channels in general, YouTube is a business for people and people will take whatever measures they must to get the views. So while it is pretty hopeless to see, it's not going to improve by complaining on a niche forum unfortunately :(

Also welcome to MFK :D

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
My general opinion on this subject is that he will only appeal two individuals who are not otherwise familiar with our hobby. This can be a good thing, as his activity bringing awareness to our hobby can be beneficial in that it brings people to both this forum and into the hobby. I would imagine that many people who find videos such as that will do a little bit of homework before actually committing several hundred dollars to taking the plunge into a fish tank, and realize there's a little more to it than those videos would imply.

So while many (though not all) of these YouTube videos are problematic in that they are both sensationalist and that they present questionable to downright inaccurate information, they do bring people into the hobby, so I can't hate them for that.

Reactions: Hendre

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I watch a lot of different channels, Raww isn’t my favorite and otherwise doesn’t offer much in the way of good information.
This sort of staging for videos thing, I’m sure goes on a lot, not just on Raww so I can’t hate on one for doing it.
I don’t like the idea of using animals for video props though.
Hopefully people will view these type channels as I do. Watch for the entertainment go elsewhere for good fish keeping knowledge.

Characin Man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Western North Dakota
Thats true ok i wasn’t aware about the nkt badmouthing YouTube channels on this im ok with that and it is a good thing that there isn’t badmouthing on this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store