LFS for those looking for one in the Bay Area (please add any you love in comments no matter where they are!)

pinfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
I just thought I'd post my favorite LFS for those of you in NorCal, Bay Area, or nearby areas. They are facing a lot of prejudice due to the virus and the store owners being of Asian decent. Went in the other day around 6pm and was told I was one of their only customers. They are usually packed! So for those looking for an abundance of frozen fish food, tanks, fish, you name it during this time of uncertainty in the world I'd like to recommend 6th Avenue Aquarium. Obviously please do not go out in public if you can avoid it! After this whole thing blows over I highly suggest to give it a look :) I did want to put that they are doing the most to keep everything sanitary. Whether that be only letting a few customers in at a time, making you sanitize before leaving, they have gloves for you to put on, etc. They're cleaning constantly in there making sure everyone is safe. They have every single type of fish you could ever want, and if they don't have it, they'll either get it in the next week or order it for you specially.
With that being said:
What are your favorite LFS? Give a name and location, lets see if we can give everyone something new to check out once we are allowed outside along with supporting our loved LFS! :)

Reactions: Jexnell and deeda

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
How do you know they are facing prejudice due to them being Asian? Did they tell you something happened.
Those are not words to throw around lightly.

pinfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
How do you know they are facing prejudice due to them being Asian? Did they tell you something happened.
Those are not words to throw around lightly.
Yes they told me that that was going on. I know those are not words to throw around lightly trust me.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
A lot of us here already know about my LFS as they have a very good online sales.

The Wet Spot, in Portland Oregon

It's a huge store with ten rows of tanks. The store is split in half, left side has the cichlids right is all the smalls Tetras, Plattys etc.
They have tanks and all kinds of equipment, filters, lights, food, frozen food, meds, just about anything we could need.

One if the best things is each tank has it's own filtration to prevent breakouts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store