Aug 22, 2016
Nice looking set up. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Hi Justin. I have raised cichla a couple of times before, but I have always had to get rid of them around 12” because of cross country moves. I have never lost one (knock on wood). They are pretty hardy fish, especially after they reach 10” or so.

I’m hoping this time around I’ll be staying put for a long time, so I have ordered a 650 gallon (120”x42”x30”). In the meantime, they are growing out in a 100 gallon and currently range from about 5” to 8”. Filtration on the 100 gallon is an internal wet dry, two Fluval 406 canisters, and a Fluval FX5 canister that I’m not happy with and will soon be replaced with an eheim 2262.

Filtration for the 650 will be two large bead filters for pools and 2 eheim 2262 canisters. Hopefully it will be enough; there will eventually be a lot of big fish in there.
I hear you on this. I am hoping to start my own grow out thread here soon, but it will eventually end with me moving across the country in about a year.

Reactions: TheWolfman

Justin Martin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Looks great man. What are you feeding these bad boys?
Thank you sir, all but one are eating Massivore. I’m running the starvation method right now but may switch to a ween from tilapia to massivore for him. I recently rescued some corals from someone throwing them away away so I’ve been neglecting the boys for a few days minus feeding. Someone’s been tearing up my plants :mad:

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Your getting some good growth! Looking good

Reactions: Matteus

Jayc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Set up looks great bass are growing well. Here is a little info from what I’ve had success with ....

When growing out my Bass I always use a bare tank, I hoover the bottom daily and change a couple of buckets of water doing this. Then twice a week Wednesday/Saturday I do 50%+ water changes. I’ve found this routine helps keep the water clean and helps growth rate.

Jay

Reactions: Tony A.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store