Lifting/moving a heavy tank

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
I had only 2 movers carry my 473 liter (not that far in empty weight from your 568 liter) without a problem. Should most likely work for you, if you're iffy add a 3rd.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
A 5x2x2 should be easily manageable for two strong guys, one at each end. Some may go the route of four guys, one on each corner, but in my experience of moving tanks, one on each corner can hinder movement and be tricky when going through doorways. You shouldn't need suction cups with that sized tank, just a secure grip by hand.

Watch out for trip hazards, and door handles can sometimes be a pita too, and keep kids and pets out of the way, but the best nugget of advice of all...........don't drop it!

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I had quite a time lifting the 90g tank. In total, it is 150lbs. It is very thick glass. We used a furniture dolly, and my parents had to help the seller lift the tank out of the car, put it on a furniture dolly, and wheel it into the backyard. It will be very heavy. All I can wish you is good luck! And I am wondering hat the stocking will be, and why you out tanked me -_-

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store