Lighting

Machine 79

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
I'm trying to get a 5-6 ft. Light for my CA tank. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I need ideas.....what have you guys done???

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have 2 36inch Finnex FugeRay Planted Plus LED lights (end to end to span 6 foot) on my 125gal.
I have been very happy with them for the last 2 years or so. Plants grow well (not very demanding types), fish look good, no mechanical problems, operating on a timer. I also have a 4 foot set (same specs) on a 75gal and have been very happy as well.

FLAGTAIL Prochi 2Dec2020 IMG_0628 Crop.jpg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I'm trying to get a 5-6 ft. Light for my CA tank. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I need ideas.....what have you guys done???
What are you trying to accomplish?
Plants? I’m assuming since you mentioned Central’s probably not.
So if you’re just trying to see the fish you can go cheap or even diy with some shop light fixtures.
There’s lots of more expensive fixtures with ramping to simulate sun up sun down with WiFi and tons of features/ color arrangements.

If you are looking better than shop light but still relatively cheap, you could go with led fixture like Beamswork or Nicrew both are pretty cheap and easy to find on Amazon, that’s what I’ve used for a few years now.

Reactions: Machine 79

Machine 79

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
Really trying to get rid of dark spots, I have clear water but this light I have now seems to make it seem cloudy. I will look into those two lights fjb. I have a couple of Amazon dimmable lights on and African mbuna tank that makes the shimmering effect look cool. I have a canopy so I have to choose wisely to avoid any space issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store