Lil Monster- Son of Oliver and Jade.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I want to start a growout thread for this guy since I plan to keep him for a while.

A little background on him.
Hatch date June 24th
Dad is a gold saum and mom is a silver saum.
He has already spawned once with Little girl. Little girl has since been moved out of his tank to stop aggression between them. She is back in with their parents.

Lil Monster has been given this name because he is an awful brat. I put five black neons in his tank since he has gotten along fine with one being in there. I also added 7 of my 1” giant danio fry. He ate all but 3 of the neons. I’m pissed. For some reason taking the female out made him go on a murderous rampage overnight. I’m sure this is mostly my fault for trusting him, but he is still a brat.
9EB9B1A2-399C-4A9A-88F7-470570BD2F80.jpeg
966E1C83-DC60-48B7-80E4-753DB4BC4879.jpeg

I do have high hopes for him. I like his color and he will chase my hand or phone around. Always entertaining.
His growth has been slow up till recently. Hopefully getting into a bigger tank soon will help even more.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I want to start a growout thread for this guy since I plan to keep him for a while.

A little background on him.
Hatch date June 24th
Dad is a gold saum and mom is a silver saum.
He has already spawned once with Little girl. Little girl has since been moved out of his tank to stop aggression between them. She is back in with their parents.

Lil Monster has been given this name because he is an awful brat. I put five black neons in his tank since he has gotten along fine with one being in there. I also added 7 of my 1” giant danio fry. He ate all but 3 of the neons. I’m pissed. For some reason taking the female out made him go on a murderous rampage overnight. I’m sure this is mostly my fault for trusting him, but he is still a brat.
View attachment 1353607
View attachment 1353608

I do have high hopes for him. I like his color and he will chase my hand or phone around. Always entertaining.
His growth has been slow up till recently. Hopefully getting into a bigger tank soon will help even more.

Little Monster looks awesome already .:grinyes:

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Nice color, feed him some gut loaded crickets to enhance his color, I would keep this guy and buy another white sauna for him to breed with in your pond come spring.

Reactions: MrsE88 and tlindsey

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
tlindsey tlindsey Thank you:)

R Reiner Sigh, yes. I guess I just trusted him when I shouldn’t have. I’ll have to wait for my danios to hit at least 2” before attempting to add them again.

Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 I wouldn’t want to get another silver female unless she was breathtaking. Lol
But putting him outside this summer might be possible. I have been wanting to see how being in a more natural environment would effect their colors. It’s something I’ll really be considering.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
tlindsey tlindsey Thank you:)

R Reiner Sigh, yes. I guess I just trusted him when I shouldn’t have. I’ll have to wait for my danios to hit at least 2” before attempting to add them again.

Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 I wouldn’t want to get another silver female unless she was breathtaking. Lol
But putting him outside this summer might be possible. I have been wanting to see how being in a more natural environment would effect their colors. It’s something I’ll really be considering.
Definitely help their colors, especially if they get plenty of insects in their diet

Reactions: Matteus and MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
with any cichlid I always use high bodied dither fish never torpedo shaped dither fish
His parents have the adults in their tank and they do great. I think I just jumped the gun and put too small of babies in with him. I figured they would be fast enough to get away if he tried chasing. I was wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store