aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Not commonly raised so info is a bit sparse

Would love to know what others have experienced in terms of:

1. Growth rate

2. Activity level bothering other bottom dwellers? IE school of geos

3. Abilitiy to wean off frozen to pellets?

Great fish. Cool fish. Worried about it being too much for a tank to handle.

Thanks all.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
DB junkie DB junkie had a lince, i believe, and might be able to give some info.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
fishtankphil fishtankphil

Reactions: fishtankphil

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Not commonly raised so info is a bit sparse

Would love to know what others have experienced in terms of:

1. Growth rate

2. Activity level bothering other bottom dwellers? IE school of geos

3. Abilitiy to wean off frozen to pellets?

Great fish. Cool fish. Worried about it being too much for a tank to handle.

Thanks all.
I have had 2 lince cats. The first one I moved on after about a year of keeping it. The 600 gal was becoming to small for it even tho it was barely 24". The last one I had for about 6 months until my gatf decided it had to go. Now I have no more swimmers with it but more sedentary and bottom dwelling fish like goonch, ray and wolf fish. All are 18"++ as well as a few other fish. In any rate lince are fantastic fish and the last one I had in a 1500 gal tank so room wasn't the issue more so the tiger. I would def get another in the next chapter. They need plenty of swimming room and longer and wider the better if not a huge cylinder shaped tank like I have. They are not very difficult to get on prepared foods or frozen fish like tilapia, swai or flounder. Those are what mine all ate and the last one ate like there was no tomorrow. But be warned they are extremely skittish and mine were rarely found without a scratch on them from something. Best kept with not alot of shovelnose cats. The first one I had with a 24"+ tig and he would occasionally snap at the lince. If u do make sure u have plenty of space for both. They require very good water quality and plenty of water aeration! I cannot stress that enough. As well as water movement from wave pumps. Keeps them busy throughout the day. They get big I've seen 30" specimens before. Awesome fish with the neccessary requirements met. Good luck....also not a $200 fish either....lol

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
1. They grow fairly quickly up to 30 inches.. not like a RTC but closer to an aro's growth rate
2. Geos would make a bad combo since most Lince cats will terrorize other active fish
3. They will accept frozen food readily but it will take some patience from frozen to pellets

This is a very very active catfish that needs a 1000 gallon tank min. for it to feel comfortable. It will try to claim an area of 4ft x 4ft as it's territory, usually the side where the food drops in. Shark like swimming makes this fish an awesome addition for someone looking to keep an active catfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store