Lince questions

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Absolutely gorgeous videos

Thank you so much for all of that info too everyone

A dream bottom predator there's no doubt. I've been thinking about one for a while now. Once I find my geos a home elsewhere I'll probably pull the trigger.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Once I find my geos a home elsewhere I'll probably pull the trigger.
HOW large is your tank???

I had one.... Unicorn fish for this guy. Will likely never have another due to their crazy price tag.....

They need a big tank is an understatement. This is the ONLY fish I've ever kept that I removed from my 10x4 for making me feel like an arse hole every time I looked at my tank. I knew they needed large and thought 10x4 was. Until that fish proved me wrong.

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
HOW large is your tank???

I had one.... Unicorn fish for this guy. Will likely never have another due to their crazy price tag.....

They need a big tank is an understatement. This is the ONLY fish I've ever kept that I removed from my 10x4 for making me feel like an arse hole every time I looked at my tank. I knew they needed large and thought 10x4 was. Until that fish proved me wrong.
1000G. 10x4 as well. I heard that might be on the small end for a Lince. I think I'm getting confirmation of that with your experience! :cry:

C756DCAD-79B3-4810-A710-7E0DF198E842.jpeg

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Doesn't look almost 3.5' tall, but irrelevant....... VERY clean, very nice looking setup!!! Would love to know more about the stand and how its trimmed out.... Are those magnets that hold close out panels????

IF you center the tank around the Lince maybe it'd be ok, but doubt height matters much to a catfish. I was warned prior to getting mine that 12x4 was tool small from a guy across seas. Hate to say it but after my experience - he was right......

IF you really love the fish do like I did, build a giant pond for it. Just don't do like I did and build a windowless pond.... Worthless. Can't gauge health of stuff like Stingrays. My 2K gallon pond ended up being a giant bonfire.

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Doesn't look almost 3.5' tall, but irrelevant....... VERY clean, very nice looking setup!!! Would love to know more about the stand and how its trimmed out.... Are those magnets that hold close out panels????

IF you center the tank around the Lince maybe it'd be ok, but doubt height matters much to a catfish. I was warned prior to getting mine that 12x4 was tool small from a guy across seas. Hate to say it but after my experience - he was right......

IF you really love the fish do like I did, build a giant pond for it. Just don't do like I did and build a windowless pond.... Worthless. Can't gauge health of stuff like Stingrays. My 2K gallon pond ended up being a giant bonfire.
I think I'll be deferring one given the experiences here actually. When I get my 2k tank down the line maybe I'll consider again hahaha.

Yes! Aluminum stand with built in sump and magnets for closure of the panels. As soon as it was installed I thought to myself... Should have gone bigger :D

• Haha
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store