Live glass worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveL91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2005
NJ
I saw someone listing live glassworms on Aquabid, but the user had no feedback. It's just coming into glassworm season, so you might see them in your local store. Unfortunately, I don't know of any mail order sources; the times I've bought live glassworms, they were available locally.

SteveL91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2005
NJ
You may have to try collecting them yourself, assuming they're found in California (I have no idea either way). If you do a Google search for "live glassworms" (with or without the quotes), you should get a decent amount of information. I found a few a couple weeks ago when I was looking into glassworms. http://www.mn-aquarium.org/masart17.htm for example

Worse comes to worse, there are companies that sell frozen glassworms: ProSalt and San Francisco Bay Brand both sell frozen glassworms. I have some of the SFBB brand. Also, "White Mosquito Larvae" seems to be a common trade name for glassworms, even if they're not mosquito larvae.

Though, if I am able to find a mail order source of live glassworms, I'll let you know.

theseducer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Shasta Lake, California
Thanks, I seem to have found them (with your help!) on the aquabid, and I have placed my bid, but the seller has not responded that they would sell them on a regular basis...So I will wait and see if i win the bid! Thanks for helping me!!!

SteveL91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2005
NJ
theseducer said:
Thanks, I seem to have found them (with your help!) on the aquabid, and I have placed my bid, but the seller has not responded that they would sell them on a regular basis...So I will wait and see if i win the bid! Thanks for helping me!!!
Not a problem. I'd imagine the seller would be able to provide them throughout the winter (glassworm season, from what I've read) if it was worth his while. I'm just not sure what he means by a gallon of glassworms: a gallon-sized container filled with glassworms could last a decent amount of time depending on how often they're used and how many fish you have to feed.

theseducer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Shasta Lake, California
Well I bid 75$ for the glass worms on aqua bid and didnt meet the reserve and the seller would never respond to me ....so I bid over and over to see what price he wanted and finally at 175$(which i would never pay) I gave up. so i think the seller was a sham. cause i know theyre not nearly that expensive! oh well, I'll just keep looking! :ROFL:

SteveL91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2005
NJ
When my local store starts getting in live glassworms, I'll try and get the name of the supplier. I'm not sure if it'll help as I'm on the east coast, but it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store