long time lurker decided to join at last

Clothsack

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi guys,

My name is Maurice and I'm 24 years old and this is my 2nd year into fish keeping.

I recently bought my first house in the Netherlands (province Maastricht) and my girlfriend gave me the green light to build my first DIY aquarium.

It's going to be a plywood bottom with glass sides with a plywood frame with the dimensions of

Length : 180(cm) / 70.87(inch)
Width : 120(cm) / 47.24(inch)
Water height : 70(cm) / 27.56(inch)

I'm not entirely sure what to stock it with but I'm leaning towards stingrays. But I'm not entirely sure if the dimensions are correct for them to keep the rays for life. (I made a topic for advice in another section for it).

I had a Motoro ray before but sadly I was stupid enough to think that i would have my tank upgrade before the ray outgrew the tank but unfortunately this didn't happen and I had to sell the ray... Now I'm doing it the correct way to build the tank before buying the fish!

Currently I have a 500 liter aquarium with a trio of Wild caught Oscars(16-17cm) imported from Brazil (Marajó)
and as soon as a pair is forming I'm going to re-home the 3rd Oscar to my friends indoor pond.

I'm looking forward to a great time on MFK and learn a lot from you guys!

Sincerely,
Maurice/Clothsack

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Welcome to MFK, Maurice!

Looking forward to when you make a thread for that tank build ;)

SantaMonicaHelp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Hi guys,

My name is Maurice and I'm 24 years old and this is my 2nd year into fish keeping.

I recently bought my first house in the Netherlands (province Maastricht) and my girlfriend gave me the green light to build my first DIY aquarium.

It's going to be a plywood bottom with glass sides with a plywood frame with the dimensions of

Length : 180(cm) / 70.87(inch)
Width : 120(cm) / 47.24(inch)
Water height : 70(cm) / 27.56(inch)

I'm not entirely sure what to stock it with but I'm leaning towards stingrays. But I'm not entirely sure if the dimensions are correct for them to keep the rays for life. (I made a topic for advice in another section for it).

I had a Motoro ray before but sadly I was stupid enough to think that i would have my tank upgrade before the ray outgrew the tank but unfortunately this didn't happen and I had to sell the ray... Now I'm doing it the correct way to build the tank before buying the fish!

Currently I have a 500 liter aquarium with a trio of Wild caught Oscars(16-17cm) imported from Brazil (Marajó)
and as soon as a pair is forming I'm going to re-home the 3rd Oscar to my friends indoor pond.

I'm looking forward to a great time on MFK and learn a lot from you guys!

Sincerely,
Maurice/Clothsack
Hey Maurice,

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you will find a lot of useful information here :)

Congratulations with new house!
Do you plant to get other fish?

Zhenya

Reactions: Clothsack

Clothsack

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey Maurice,

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you will find a lot of useful information here :)

Congratulations with new house!
Do you plant to get other fish?

Zhenya
Thanks for the reply,

Im planning on getting stingrays at the moment.
But im not 100% sure what kind yet.

Im going to start my 600GAL DIY project soon and after that im going to re-isolate the garage and build a 1600GAL in there. Hoping to get into ray breeding eventually but gotta get more experience with them first.

Maurice

Reactions: SantaMonicaHelp

vader2nd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi Maurice,
Same here was lurking for a long time and finally pulled the trigger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store