Looking for large community friendly cat... Suggestions?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Got both of my trachy trachy from them. Cool fish and good people no problems!
Order from him regularly. Good stock.
Thanks guys, appreciate that. This is my first time dealing with them. They were quick to offer a refund and I appreciate not getting a jacked up fish. Im still hoping to just a slightly larger cat. Will see what comes up for sale.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Update: Looks like Exotic got in some more Irwini, will need a couple days to settle in before they ship. But at least it looks like I still have one coming in. Sadly wont be any bigger than the last one I had ordered. So it will be a while before it is big enough to go into the 300.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If you make an irwini comfortable, they eat a lot and grow not too shabby. Should be 10"-12" in one year, larger if you are lucky.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I brought this one up from the dead since I was the original poster and wanted to close it down with the fact the vendor just ended up refunding me my money because it went too long before he got any irwini in stock.

In the meantime I have rehomed bichir (down to 3 LJ) and have some more space on the bottom for a cat if I do go that route. Likely will look for a smaller syno for a 75 gallon I have.

Just had to comment on this since I hate it when I find an interesting thread and then get to the end wondering 'what happened?'

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Just had to comment on this since I hate it when I find an interesting thread and then get to the end wondering 'what happened?'
You are a savior in my book!

If all or almost all or at least the majority of MFKers

-- subscribed to this notion and
-- were diligent, informative, constructive, and generous with visuals and descriptions and
-- kept alive to the end every thread they started,

MFK would blow FB, IG, and Company out of water, I believe.

As it is, we are a dying breed, in my humble view. I fear one day Li will have had enough and quit it and that will be that for all of us... especially judging from Li's seemingly desperate (?) attempts to bring in more traffic and attention to MFK using those other named platforms, like his IG account...

kendragon kendragon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store