Looking for stocking ideas 125g

Reptar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2021
I have a 125 gallon I use for one Shubunkin, a lionfish and a Ranchu goldfish that I decided to put in a pond so I can stock it with some south American and central American Cichlids. The current filtration is two fluval fx6 and and a cascade cannister filter for purpose of chemical filtration and using an inline uv sterilizer.

Stocking ideas
-Green Terror
-Oscar
-Geophagus Balzanii
-Electric Blue Jack Dempsey or Electric Acara
-Red Spotted Severum or Green Severum or both
-Birchir
-4 Silver dollars.

Do you guess think this could work or i'm better off sticking with my fancy goldfish? I would be growing them together.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Balzanii need temps in the low 60s/high 50s, which won’t work for the other fish. Silver dollars do best in 8+ groups. EbJD are slow growers and half end up deformed.

Reptar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2021
Balzanii need temps in the low 60s/high 50s, which won’t work for the other fish. Silver dollars do best in 8+ groups. EbJD are slow growers and half end up deformed.
Thank you for your input, do you recommend another earth eater? I guess i'll go for the electric blue acara instead of the EBJD and no silver dollars as I don't want an overcrowded tank.

Reactions: Caveden

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
I don't recommend EBJDs because they are very sensitive and weak (an analogy is Petco German Blue Rams vs. Bolivian Rams in terms of hardiness). I would recommend a normal Jack Dempsey. For this tank I would definitely recommend using dark substrate and background because that gives Green terrors and Jack Dempseys (the normal ones) a color boost.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I love how geophagus altifrons look. Big fan of red spotted sevrum and yellowish sevrums lookwise as well. Green terror might be little on aggressive side

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
I love how geophagus altifrons look. Big fan of red spotted sevrum and yellowish sevrums lookwise as well. Green terror might be little on aggressive side
I agree your tank is SA cichlids which is the least aggressive of the different cichlid continents. However Green Terrors are the one exception as they are highly aggressive. I would recommend not adding the green terror and replacing it with a less aggressive species such as a chocolate cichlid.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store