Want to Buy Looking to buy a 96" tank in Ontario

seegs71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
Looking to replace an older 96" reef tank - open to glass or acrylic - prefer something newer or new - and preference on size is at least 96" (L) X 48" (W) X 24" (H) as I have to get it down into a basement through 36" stair case

let me know what you may have - having issues finding anything new and would be open to names of companies that build these tanks - have very limited contacts - no local dealers in my area (SW Ontario) that can provide any names or direction. I am on the US border and over the years pre-pandemic have done most of my fish buying in the Detroit area due to lack of shops in my city, the US is not an option with the lock down

thanks Jay

Reactions: Matteus

seegs71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
Ya thanks I did get a quote from Miracles - was a lot more expensive then I thought it would be they wanted $6500.00 for those dimensions and was hoping for around $5000.00 or less.

Maybe I got spoiled with my set up which was $800.00 US and came with a custom stand and hood - prices as so different in the US which i think is skewing my perspective

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Ya thanks I did get a quote from Miracles - was a lot more expensive then I thought it would be they wanted $6500.00 for those dimensions and was hoping for around $5000.00 or less.

Maybe I got spoiled with my set up which was $800.00 US and came with a custom stand and hood - prices as so different in the US which i think is skewing my perspective
Send me a pm. I may be able to help you out.

might need to make a few more posts before you can send pm

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Yes it is glass.
Technically this is your thread so you can talk all you want. Lol

would you also want a stand?
Overflows
Glass lids
If you like it can be wrapped in white or black vinyl.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Depending roughly where you are located in Ontario I may even be able to help you move it, I have suction cups and a trailer

seegs71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
Just need the tank - have a custom stand my current reef tank is on - will modify it to hold the additional width and weight (moving from 24" to 48" wide) - would want two corner over flows to tie into my existing plumbing and where it is drilled is up for debate. my current set up is drilled on the bottom ( drain & return line in both overflows) I find hard to service so not sure if I would do it the same or maybe drill the back - would want the top to be braced to reduce bow - don't want any wrap as it is build into the wall and I have fish room to access all refugium, filter and skimmer. I am in SW Ontario and have a truck but need to think about moving it in and the old one out because they are heavy as hell

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store