Looks like the activists have found the tropical fish trade...….only the beginning?

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Many have bemoaned the conditions bettas have to endure at Walmart and other retail outlets. Looks like the (being kind here) activists are beginning to gear up. While I have never agreed with keeping bettas in a cup, even short term, these people never stop their demands. Be assured once they get traction it will be on to the next atrocity (in their minds). Too many fish in this tank, too big a fish in that.

Reactions: jaws7777

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hahaha. I quote from what petco said of bettas. "They are able to live in small amounts of water due to a labyrinth gill which allows them to breathe air from the surface of the water".

Well that's just great. My 16" giant gourami is a labyrinth fish. He's going in a 10 gallon at weekend!

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Hello; Yes we did. So far I just want to be watching the thread. Clever and informative comments to be added later.
I’m also pretty sure Bettas got brought up in that thread and pretty much dominated the topic for several pages.
I guess the twist here is that there’s an actual animal rights group involved.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store