Lost my silver arowana

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
well i've had this guy for about 1 month and 10 days. got him at about 4". i did a 25% water change today around noon. i leave my house around 530 and my aro is acting perfectly normal. fed him about 3 pellets and watched him tank them down like usual. i run to the fish store to check out what they got and get a call from my brother around 615 saying my aro is dead. i thought he was joking but sure enough when i get home he's floating at the top. i measured him out and he was 9.1". keep in mind he was only in a 70g show tank. well live and learn. tomorrow im going to the pet store to pick up another one and start over again. just thought id share my sad day.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
sounds really odd?? sad to hear your arowanna died... I remmeber when my first silver arowanna died at 13-14inches due to ick in a 40gallon breeder. it made my heart sink to my gut about my first arowanna dieing on me due to ick.(don't know why when i do water change about every 4days at 80-90percent.)

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
well i just did a pH check and its really high, so that might be the case. odd that a 25% change would change pH enough to cause him shock tho. i added the water treatment with the correct amount. everything else in the tank is fine. well tomorrow im gonna pick up something new, debating on jardini or silver but whichever will be cool with me cuz their both pretty dope. my lesson learned here is to really pay attention to pH levels when doing a water change

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
RE TurboII;505675; said:
well i've had this guy for about 1 month and 10 days. got him at about 4". i did a 25% water change today around noon. i leave my house around 530 and my aro is acting perfectly normal. fed him about 3 pellets and watched him tank them down like usual. i run to the fish store to check out what they got and get a call from my brother around 615 saying my aro is dead. i thought he was joking but sure enough when i get home he's floating at the top. i measured him out and he was 9.1". keep in mind he was only in a 70g show tank. well live and learn. tomorrow im going to the pet store to pick up another one and start over again. just thought id share my sad day.
how can one learn when he doesnt know what he did wrong? :confused:

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
read the post above yours

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
yeah but hot pockets are totally worth it IMO :popcorn: . i added the water treatment as directed on the back of the bottle. right now my pH level is around 6.8-7.0, i used pH down and it seemed to lower it alot. first test the water was dark blue. now its a light blue and using the color match on the pH checker it should be okay now. im going to let the water circulate some more before i buy another aro or jardini. everything else is still alive. i just watched my eel devour a goldfish. hopefully ill be back in the game with the aro soon

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
and this was the first water change since i got the tank about a month and a half ago. i have the emperor 400 on the 70g and the water stayed crystal clear until a few days ago. thats why i decided on the change

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store