Lost so many fish

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I haven't been on MFK very much in the past week and I won't be on a whole lot in the weeks to come. Hurricane Florence did a number on the people down south. Tho we didnt get the full brunt of the storm we did get some minor flooding. It wouldnt have been that big of a problem except my neighbor is an elderly man who was hoarding ALOT of hazardous chemicals in moslty open containers... All my pond fish are gone. The ponds and equipment are a loss. My yard and 8 of my neighbor's yards are so contaminated that we have to get a hazmat professional in to fix it. Because my garage (fish room) flooded also, I have to have the floor, lower walls, and my aquarium stands decontaminated too. ...it's an exhausting, expensive, and tragic mess.

The fish indoors were not exposed to the chemical soup. I sealed off all shared plumbing before the storm made landfall. Right now, several of my friends have been helping me break down tanks and are fostering fish for me until I can get my fish room cleaned and set up again.

Myself and 4 other neighbors are speaking to an attorney this friday about what kind of legal recourse we may have.. God I'm tired.

I didn't want to vent or rant (Jexnell let me do that privately. Thank you Jexnell Jexnell btw.) I just wanted to let y'all know what happened.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I haven't been on MFK very much in the past week and I won't be on a whole lot in the weeks to come. Hurricane Florence did a number on the people down south. Tho we didnt get the full brunt of the storm we did get some minor flooding. It wouldnt have been that big of a problem except my neighbor is an elderly man who was hoarding ALOT of hazardous chemicals in moslty open containers... All my pond fish are gone. The ponds and equipment are a loss. My yard and 8 of my neighbor's yards are so contaminated that we have to get a hazmat professional in to fix it. Because my garage (fish room) flooded also, I have to have the floor, lower walls, and my aquarium stands decontaminated too. ...it's an exhausting, expensive, and tragic mess.

The fish indoors were not exposed to the chemical soup. I sealed off all shared plumbing before the storm made landfall. Right now, several of my friends have been helping me break down tanks and are fostering fish for me until I can get my fish room cleaned and set up again.

Myself and 4 other neighbors are speaking to an attorney this friday about what kind of legal recourse we may have.. God I'm tired.

I didn't want to vent or rant (Jexnell let me do that privately. Thank you Jexnell Jexnell btw.) I just wanted to let y'all know what happened.

It's understandable you are stressed. Happy to know you are all right and my prayer goes out to all the storm has effected their lives in any way.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Oh my god I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what it must feel like losing almost all of your fish. If you need to talk to someone then I'm here for you.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
It's understandable you are stressed. Happy to know you are all right and my prayer goes out to all the storm has effected their lives in any way.
Well said. This is why i didn't want to post a public rant. Loosing these fish sucks hard but we didn't lose our house, our livelyhoods, or our lives. Praying for those down south who truly lost so much

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Oh my god I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what it must feel like losing almost all of your fish. If you need to talk to someone then I'm here for you.
Thank you. I've been fuming over it for several days now. At this point Im just tired and trying to clean up. Its overwhelming how much work there is and equally overwheming how many friends have putched in to help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store