Lungfish with Peacock bass

Shishir Shetye

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
Mumbai, India
Hello..

I have nearly 24" west african lungfish (alone) in 5ft X 4ft X 3 ft, with water level height is 2 ft.

Shall I put a small 3 inch peacock bass and a pair of clown knife fish ?

Tank is attached with 2 big canister filters.

Thanks in advance

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Your playing with fire if you that. I had my lungfish with others for awhile and 1 day I found a whole lot of destruction in my tank. I wouldn’t recommend putting anything you care about with it.

Reactions: Shishir Shetye

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
Why don't try adding some livebearers first and go from there based on what results you get overtime, at least they'll replenish themselves. Or you can add some fast swimming top layer fish like tetras. Be sure to add plants and rocks to give the fish places to hide. It would also help fish survival if you had an even larger tank. But regardless, you might very well see them disappearing over time. Also, anything larger with a WAL, won't survive, I don't think.

Reactions: Shishir Shetye

Shishir Shetye

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
Mumbai, India
Your playing with fire if you that. I had my lungfish with others for awhile and 1 day I found a whole lot of destruction in my tank. I wouldn’t recommend putting anything you care about with it.
Thank you..

Lungfish was Sharing his tank with king Kong red parrot.. few days ago he passed out. Parrot fish was big and fatty ... lungfish never troubled him.

That's why I was thinking to add some new fish which can get along as company to him.

Thanks for advice

Shishir Shetye

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
Mumbai, India
Why don't try adding some livebearers first and go from there based on what results you get overtime, at least they'll replenish themselves. Or you can add some fast swimming top layer fish like tetras. Be sure to add plants and rocks to give the fish places to hide. It would also help fish survival if you had an even larger tank. But regardless, you might very well see them disappearing over time. Also, anything larger with a WAL, won't survive, I don't think.

Ok.. Will try.

I had added some guppies.. but get troubled due to flow of outlet of 2 canisters.

TheLastKon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2015
Wal are horrible with tankmates. I had a 2 footer and it slowly killed off everything no matter how small it was. I started off with around 100 guppies and 10 small silver dollars and it just slowly disappeared. My one footer is just the same. They don’t kill them instantly...they wait until the fish makes a mistake and gets too close. Might take days...months...years...but it will happen in my experience. Try a marbled lungfish. They never touched any of my fish big or small.

Shishir Shetye

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
Mumbai, India
Hello..

Friend of my close friend is giving away his 15 inch west african lungfish for adoption.

Can I keep it with my 24 inch wal ?

Starting with partitions and then after few months with no portion in same tank ?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Hello..

Friend of my close friend is giving away his 15 inch west african lungfish for adoption.

Can I keep it with my 24 inch wal ?

Starting with partitions and then after few months with no portion in same tank ?

The only chance for it to work is if they are the opposite sex and then they decide to become a bonded pair. Otherwise, one will die.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store