Making soft water help

Fiberacci

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2019
Massachusetts
Hi everyone,

So I have an Ro-di unit from when i had salt water tank and i want to soften my water. I have a few questions.

1. Is ro water the same as ro-di water? From my understanding they are not but I never hear people mention the di part as it pertains to freshwater.

2. Can I used ro-di water or should remove the DI stage from the filter and if I do use ro-di water is doing a mix solution to tap water enough to buffer it?

2. Any advice or recommendations in attempt soften my water using ro di/ ro

Thanks!!

Reactions: tlindsey

yzf450motoxrider

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
CT
When I was doing it I was mixing a small portion of the waste water back into the ro to get the desired hardness and ph. The problem I ran into was the tds in my source water was highly variable one month 100 the next 300. That made it difficult to set and forget it required monthly adjustment but it did work. Mine was also on a drip system.

Fiberacci

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2019
Massachusetts
So im trying to figure out how to store 100 gallons of ro water. I was thinking of having a container outside. Does anyone know of a good container to keep outside for this?

Pterophyllum sp

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2020
So im trying to figure out how to store 100 gallons of ro water. I was thinking of having a container outside. Does anyone know of a good container to keep outside for this?
Couple of poly 55 gallon food grade barrels would probably get the job done. Grabbed mine off of CL pretty reasonably

Reactions: Fiberacci
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store