Marble Goby Tankmates

crypticmonk

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
United States
Hopefully this is in the right forum...
I am going to set up a perdator tank with Senegal bichirs, ropefish, and spotted raphael catfish, and I was wondering if I could keep a marble goby with them. I know they get big and are very aggressive, but if I got a small one and larger other fish, could it work?

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
How large of a tank? Marbles do grow quickly but I haven't found them to be aggressive. Just predatory. I sold mine because it was terrified of my jade goby. Interesting fish.

Reactions: jjohnwm

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am going to set up a perdator tank with Senegal bichirs, ropefish, and spotted raphael catfish, and I was wondering if I could keep a marble goby with them. I know they get big and are very aggressive, but if I got a small one and larger other fish, could it work?

SharptoothBass SharptoothBass

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
It'll eat them all eventually, if you get one with good genetics, it can grow fairly quickly 1-1.5" a month, they get fat too, and they have big mouths and are greedy, I wouldn't keep a marble with them for long. They can get up to 3ft long in the wild I believe maybe a little smaller, however in aquaria sharptoothbass has the largest I know of, think it's 18". Wouldn't say they're to aggressive, but they definitely stand there ground, with the hat stock your problem won't be territorial aggression but predatory aggression.

crypticmonk

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
United States
Yeah from what I'm reading, it seems like Senegal bichirs and raphael catfish grow fairly slowly, so probably not a good idea I guess :/
Thanks for your help. They sure are cool fish...

Łøäçh_Łøvêŕ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2021
marble goby grow fast if it ur tank is big enough and feed them daily,
also it is not aggressive BUT it will eat every fish that can fit in their mouth
anyways make sure ur tankmate is bigger than marble goby's mouth?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store