Marbled sleeper goby possibly, the wrost fish I've ever owned

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hello, about a month ago I purchased a 2 inch marbled sleeper goby, I set up a 45 gallon growout tank for him with plenty of hiding spots, anyways a month later he hasn't grown an inch, hasn't eaten a pellet( I've tried several brands) I even went to the store to pick up some very small feeder platies thinking it would spark his appetite but he cant catch one if his life depended on it lol I was really excited about getting this goby because I had wanted one for awhile but it's been nothing but disappointement, any advice of getting him to eat or adjust better At this rate he will be 2 inches for the next year lol

20200501_173526.jpg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Try some live black worms, bloodworms or ghost shrimp.
Agree with this.
I have had a wild caught adult for about a year, and it will not eat pellets.
It will eat live and dead shrimp, and chunks of ocean fish.
They are lurk and strike predators, so I need to drop a fish chunk almost right in its face to get it to eat, unless its really hungry.
So I only feed once every 2 or 3 days, and even then it will barely eat more than one (so I make it substantial).
After grabbing the chunk, it disappears until hungry again a couple days later.
I conditioned it to expect food when the camera starts to flash, by only dropping in food during a photo session.
18B077B6-B378-49A5-A547-EAC969537AB6_1_201_a.jpeg
When it first arrived it was about 6", now it is not pushing 12".,
2 videos below
Goby Grab
Goby grab 2
Most of the time, it just sits, sometimes buried in the sand
Goby muggin camera

erythrinus

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
california
I had a very large one and it would never eat anything that didn't move. My current ones mostly eat mealworms, dubia roaches and feeders. If i drop some tilapia just right one might take it, but usually they just ignore it.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’ll take it?? id try blood worms if it wasn’t mentioned. Works great with my fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store