Marine predator tank

baloo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
england
I'm just researching a possible predator tank. Fish I want in there are a Miniator Grouper, a Moray Eel around the 3 foot mark, several Angels and others I haven't mad my mind up about. The tank would be 370 gallon, 100x32x28 high.
Corals etc are out due to the angels but may try some artificial if I can get something that looks real.
I also want caulerpa which probably requires a foxface or similar to help control it.
I'm a complete noob to modern saltwater Aquaristik but kept fish for 41 years now.
Any help, tips and suggestions would be appreciated. I do not want to set up a tank and then come asking for every problem I encounter.
Let's get it right from the start

Reactions: Backfromthedead

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Norsynth

Feeder Fish
Jan 29, 2023
Minnesota
The Snowflake Moray would be my choice.
Miniautus Grouper perfect choice. I personally don't have any experience with Angels but do know that they are aggressive to other Angels.
Below member who has experience and knowledge on both Moray and Angels. I would pick his brain if it was me 😆
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/new-eel-tank-begins.746089/
If the tank will be over 350 gallons I would recommend a Zebra Moray or even Tessalata or Honeycomb. Snowflakes are fine, but honestly with a tank that size I would go with a show-stopper! I had a snowflake in a 55gallon for 10 years and guy was a beast.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If the tank will be over 350 gallons I would recommend a Zebra Moray or even Tessalata or Honeycomb. Snowflakes are fine, but honestly with a tank that size I would go with a show-stopper! I had a snowflake in a 55gallon for 10 years and guy was a beast.
Welcome aboard

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Definitely go with one of the larger morays. Had a couple clients with larger. Snowflakes are cool though.
The angels are a bit more difficult to decide on. I had a client who had several in a 300-400g tank. If I remember correctly he had a French, a queen, an emperor or koran and an ANNULARIS.
Sump had a moving sand bed filter. I was there every other week. Been 16-17yrs ago now though.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store