Marineland or seapora 110 gallon?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I'm upgrading my 75 to a 110... same foot print but just taller.

My lfs has the 110 in marineland and seapora..... marineland is $50 more but I have not heard much about seapora. And I know marineland has a rep for seams blowing in larger tanks.

What would you recommend?

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
My LFS carried marineland, stopped because of too many leaks. Started Carrying Seapora, also stopped from too many leaks.
They have gone back to carrying Aqueon tanks. more expensive but they don't leak and are built to last forever (touches wood)
Unfortunately, they dont make a 110g tall anymore (they used to when they were called All Glass Aquariums).

they make a 90g and a 4x2x25 inch 120g. Perhaps one of these models instead? I have the Aqueon 90g and its a really sweet tank.

Reactions: SandNukka15

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
My LFS carried marineland, stopped because of too many leaks. Started Carrying Seapora, also stopped from too many leaks.
They have gone back to carrying Aqueon tanks. more expensive but they don't leak and are built to last forever (touches wood)
Unfortunately, they dont make a 110g tall anymore (they used to when they were called All Glass Aquariums).

they make a 90g and a 4x2x25 inch 120g. Perhaps one of these models instead? I have the Aqueon 90g and its a really sweet tank.

I was thinking a 110 so I wouldn't have to buy a new stand or lids but may lean towards a 125 if need be.

I mean petsmart always has a 125 gallon set up but its made by top fin ?

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have always felt that when moving from a standard 75g to a 90g (same footprint), not much is gained at all, and I experienced that before.
I also believe that when moving to a 110g (I believe also the same footprint), not much will be gained (despite the major water volume increase). Sure, there will be more water, but what can one actually do with it? The reason is that the extra height is not a critical contribution to space, except in very few cases.

On the other hand, when moving from a 48x18" footprint to a 72"x18 footprint, a major increase in surface real state is gained, and that one can be used immediately is different stockings.
Perceived savings on the glass covers and the stand will not make up for the differences in tank potential. Just my opinion. Good luck!

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I have always felt that when moving from a standard 75g to a 90g (same footprint), not much is gained at all, and I experienced that before.
I also believe that when moving to a 110g (I believe also the same footprint), not much will be gained (despite the major water volume increase). Sure, there will be more water, but what can one actually do with it? The reason is that the extra height is not a critical contribution to space, except in very few cases.

On the other hand, when moving from a 48x18" footprint to a 72"x18 footprint, a major increase in surface real state is gained, and that one can be used immediately is different stockings.
Perceived savings on the glass covers and the stand will not make up for the differences in tank potential. Just my opinion. Good luck!
Yes i agree. It's just a pain bc in my area tanks aren't that cheap. A 125 set up tank and lids is like $1100... which Imo is too much for a 125.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Coming up next month, the Petsmart Aqueon 125 ensemble (including at least tank and pressboard stand) should be available again, for -$600-700. In the past they have included glass lids. There is also the used market if you can haul it.

Reactions: SandNukka15
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store