Marks on head

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
I've lost many channa to Columnaris. Treat Empty tanks for months to ensure it is killed off. Be carefull, only a handfull of meds are effective against it. Its been a while but i beleive it is Gram-negative and will only respond to gram negative meds.

Dsilsby91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2019
I've lost many channa to Columnaris. Treat Empty tanks for months to ensure it is killed off. Be carefull, only a handfull of meds are effective against it. Its been a while but i beleive it is Gram-negative and will only respond to gram negative meds.
Ok thanks, does any body no what the cause of Columnaris could be ?

TomatoandEgg

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2017
it'll persist until you deal with it. Your fish with very robust immune systems can live with it, even with big snakeheads being massively symptomatic increasing the bacterial load in the tank, but those robust little fish will keep it going in the tank until you put a nice new expensive fish in and then the bacteria will jump from them to your new fish and so get the gram negative antibiotics and nuke the tank with it. no half measures.

Dsilsby91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2019
it'll persist until you deal with it. Your fish with very robust immune systems can live with it, even with big snakeheads being massively symptomatic increasing the bacterial load in the tank, but those robust little fish will keep it going in the tank until you put a nice new expensive fish in and then the bacteria will jump from them to your new fish and so get the gram negative antibiotics and nuke the tank with it. no half measures.
Thanks mate have you got a link to it , to be checky so I no I get the correct one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store