Medication question

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
3degrees of kH means that in 1 week you will see your PH drop because of the nitrification process if you don’t do water changes. If you don’t want your ph to drop, do 2 water changes a week of around 50% minimum.
ic.. I am doing 25% WC on a 220 gal tank every other day. It's good to have a low pH for discus. Unfortunately, nitrate will rise as well so I would probably continue what I am doing. Thanks Rocksor Rocksor !

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I am sorry to be updating this old thread, but it is important. In post #25 in this thread syntaxx wrote:

@TwoTankAmin I doubt he hit something as I have 4-5 discus floats on their side and I thought I am losing them all. Fortunately, 2 of them survived and one had swimming upside down.
I never replied and I should have. I saw the discus smack into the glass, it was not a guess on my part. I can also add that many years earlier I kept a pair of dwarf gouramis in my very first tank which had live plants in it by the time I added the grouamis. They built a bubble nest and spawned. Males will not tolerate the females once there are eggs. I was walking into the room with this tank and as I did, the makes was chasing the females away from the bubble nest. She swam into the glass so hard I heard it from about 12 feet away. She was dead within about an hour. (FYI- it was a well planted 45 gal. tank.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store